Thursday, March 31, 2011

My mom is not a good passenger!

Today I was not feeling very well at all as I had been up most of the night with stomach cramps from eating some chicken hot dogs! It was the same brand that I normally eat but maybe they changed the recipe or something, anyway, they made me sick.

I could have lay in bed all day, but I thought if I do that now I will be behind a day in my walking, and then my 365 days of walking challenge will have to start again! I wasn’t about to let all my hard work go to waste just because my stomach was flip-flopping around. I had some breakfast and took two pepto bismol pills and called my mom up to go for a walk. When I was driving over to my moms I told Manda that I should really go and check to see if the provincial park gates are open so I could go and retrieve a geocache that has to be pulled in, I was out that way anyway and plus it would be an adventure in my truck!

I let my mom get in the truck and put her seatbelt on before I told her that we were making a slight detour before going for our walk. She was happy when I told her where we were going but not so happy when we got there!

The road is a rough road with loads of potholes and steep banks on one side. Guess, which side the steep embankment, was on the way in? Yes, my mom’s side! She is terrified of heights and even though I was on my side of the road she was gouging my hand telling me to move over we are going to flip the truck LOL Manda was sitting in the back seat crying she was laughing so hard.

Jason has taught me a trick or two when driving with a passenger that doesn’t like heights, and that is to look at the driver while passing a particular hair-raising area.
There was a very large hole in the middle of the road which means that I had to go about three feet from the edge of the bank to pass it, so, I told my mom to look at me and she said, “ I DON’T WANT TO LOOK AT YOU! MOVE OVER!” LOL Manda I think peed her pants when my mom said that because it was just the way she said it that was funny!

Needless to say I asked her if she wanted me to turn around and you know what she said? She said NO! Just don’t go near the edge! LOL I continued on and she told me that she trusts me but she just doesn’t trust the edge of the road as it has been raining and it could give away at any time… it was true it had been raining but the road was on solid ground and we were totally safe or I wouldn’t have been driving on it! We managed to get the cache and bring it home.

After all that and laughing, my stomach muscles were hurting so bad, so I figured on the way out I would have some fun and go and play in the smaller puddles that are about six inches deep and about a foot wide! You would have thought I had asked my mom to jump out and let me run her over LOL “OH NO YOU ARE NOT DOING THAT!” To which I replied, do you want to drive mom? LOL She said just drive and miss the holes, the puddles and the ditches. I told her I was good, but damn, not that good!
She told me to try extra hard or I would be changing messy pants LOL

After a while I put it in four-wheel drive and she shut up. I didn’t actually but I told her I did LOL On the way out I did manage to go near the edge on her side where there was a small, teeny tiny drainage ditch and I thought she was going to have a heart attack! GET AWAY FROM THE EDGE…NOW! And she used ALL of my names … you know moms mean business when they do that LOL

After that we did go for a walk and the rest of the day was spent trying to get my letters to print properly for the companies that I am going to ask for donations.

I don’t think I will be taking my mom up to Rainbow Falls, which is about twenty kilometers on a forest service road that is way rougher and way higher than the road we were on today! I will go up there and take pictures and share them with you, my friends!

Have you ever had fun with a passenger in your vehicle? I do all the time!

©2011 7Ladybugs
March 31st, 2011

1 comment:

  1. :) i'm not a good passenger when my mom drives :) but she would never put a vehicle into 4 wheel drive ... not her thing lol!

    ReplyDelete