Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Argh the day from Hell!

March 16, 2011

I know I didn’t post about yesterday but the day was basically a write off from when I got up.

The phone rang and it was my mom reminding me that I was the photographer for the Seniors Only Luncheon. Argh! I had forgotten about that and was hoping that someone else would be doing it, but I couldn’t get that lucky!

So, I eat breakfast and wake my son and daughter up, as they are the cooks/prep/severs for this luncheon yesterday. My son got picked up, as he needed to be there earlier than I did or my daughter did.

With over an hour to go we decide that we will go for our walk before the luncheon so that we can come straight home after.

Up to the cemetery we go and when we are half way around the sky’s open up and just buckets rain down on us. So, now we are soaked to the bone, we were wearing jackets, and do not have enough time to go home and get changed!

Off to the luncheon we go only to be greeted at the door by some rude lady that said we are not allowed there! Once she realized I was taking pictures and my daughter was the server we were allowed in.

I got grilled by my mom as to where we had been, even though we were 10 minutes early I still got grilled! Go figure!

So I start taking pictures of the hall and the few seniors that are sitting down and a lady asked if we would be serving juice or herbal tea, I didn’t know but I would go and find out.

I went into the kitchen to ask the cook if there was going to be something other than coffee and water and she damn near bit my head off! WOW! Who pissed in her cornflakes this morning?

Guessing that there wasn’t going to be any juice or herbal tea served I politely went back and told the lady that it would be coffee, regular tea and water, she chose water! I don’t blame her really LOL

Anyway, after the lunch of soup and sandwiches was served I was in the kitchen talking to my mom about any special shots that needed to be taken and she told me she wanted some of the food. So, I am taking pictures of the food, as instructed, and the cook comes over to me and tells me to get out of the kitchen I am not welcome there or in the building anymore.

I was like WTF? So I walked away so I didn’t slug her one and then came back into the kitchen to get my bottle of water. She yelled at me to GET OUT, so I grabbed my coat, my camera bag and my purse and was leaving. My mom comes over to ask where I was going so I told her, she just said oh sorry about that! Wont you stay and take some more pictures, I told her nope because she didn’t stick up for me! My mom was right there and didn’t say anything to the cook! She could have said Oh I asked her in here to take pictures or something like that but she didn’t.

I have never walked out of a photography job before or any job actually, but there is no way someone is going to talk down to me or be rude to me!

That’s was the noon time bad day, I still have to tell you about the afternoon/evening yet!

I was feeling pretty crappy about the whole being treated like shit earlier and I wasn’t feeling like going out anywhere, so my daughter decided we would have an easy meal of perogies and hot dogs for dinner. Just after we decided what was for dinner, my daughter mentions that we are out of margarine for the perogies. Fine I will go to the store and because someone mentioned that one of my geocaches might be missing, I might as well check on that at the same time and take the dog down to the river for a walk.

We pile into my car and go to the store and then to check on the geocache, which was still there, and let the dog run around for a bit. Of course it decided to down pour on us as we were walking back to the car.

Back in the car, the dog decides to do what wet dogs do best in close confines, shakes like there is no tomorrow. Wet dog shaking in a car with people in it is not a pretty sight LOL

On the drive home there is this huge puddle crossing the road and I couldn’t avoid it no matter what so I cruise on through it like I would normally. This time though I lost my power steering and the temperature of the motor shot up! Oh friggin great!

I managed to limp the car home but I couldn’t turn it into the driveway as the plate in my wrist was acting up and my Fibromyalgia wasn’t exactly playing nice either. I yell for my daughter, thank god she was sitting in the front seat, to grab the steering wheel and yank on it LOL

My son jumped out the car and went into mechanic mode and couldn’t see too much as it was dark. A quick phone call to hubby and we had the problem diagnosed as me losing the belt that is attached to the alternator and the fan and a whole host of other things.

Of course my hubby was asking me if I was 4x4ing in the car (ok, one time I put a hole in the oil pan and he wont let me take it off roading again! Pfft!) Which this time I wasn’t, so he bought a new belt today for $44.00! I asked him if Gucci made it for that price!

He just came in and asked me exactly WHAT was I doing when I lost my steering… I couldn’t help it I cracked up laughing and told him I went though a puddle honest! He remarked that he has seen me driving through puddles and depending at what speed I hit the puddle because I didn’t break the belt I just knocked it off!

Thank god hubby is my mechanic eh! Bad part is he knows that I love to drive and I drive hard and fast!

So, that’s how yesterday went and what I have been up to for the past 24 hours!

In between all of that, I did manage to get my walking in… I had no car so I had to walk today. I am just waiting for the clouds to run out of water so that I don’t get soaking wet every time I step out my front door!

Have you been doing your walking? How about any other exercises?

I am hoping that tomorrow will be much better now that I have my car back and I am shopping around for a new to me car!

©2011 7Ladybugs

March 16, 2011

5 comments:

  1. Bugzy, I am just glad you are ok after all that craziness. You were right to walk out of that job. And I am glad you are safe. I send you a big hug, and you are so strong and resilient that I know you are going to have an extra great day tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, why didn't your mom stick up for you?? That is ridiculous that they even yelled at you. What kind of place has so many unhappy rude people? Maybe they all have bedbugs or something. That HAS to be the case.

    I hope today goes better for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a day....why is the world getting so rude!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! some days you jus wish you'd stayed in bed instead!. I hope today is a better day for you.

    ReplyDelete