Monday, March 28, 2011

Hubby and his CT Scan

I don’t know if I mentioned this before but about a month and a half ago hubby woke up with a stiff neck and thought it was from him sleeping wonky that night. It never went away so I convinced him to go to the doctor, in turn his doctor sent him for x-rays.

The x-rays showed something and they sent him for a CT scan, which he had done today. Because hubby doesn’t like hospitals I said I would wake up early and go with him for his 7:30am appointment, I am wishing I didn’t now!

We got there about ten minutes before his appointment and he had been checked in and we were told to wait in the CT SCAN waiting area. We found that area and sat in the chairs that were closest to the CT room. When he was called in he didn’t have to put on a gown or anything so he was happy about that, he really doesn’t like the hospital gowns and I guess it didn’t help that I was telling him he has to wear one with nothing on underneath LOL

Anyway, he went in and this older gentle man walked down the corridor and then went into one of the changing rooms to change into a gown. Now I don’t know if men just do not care, or just haven’t figured it out that when they sit down in a gown, with nothing on underneath, there boy junk is on display and not everyone wants to see it!

This old man sits opposite to where I am and starts a conversation with me! Argh! I couldn’t be rude and not talk to him but by the same token I didn’t want to see his junk on display either! SO, I am trying to look directly at him but damn me the junk kept moving and of course you look HA HA!

I must have been talking to him for about five minutes before my hubby came out and I jumped up and said ‘Lets go! NOW!’ I didn’t even give him chance to put on his hoodie before we left the area! I was laughing and trying to tell him that the old man had his junk on display but the words just wouldn’t come out right! I sounded like a demented woman trying to explain that his twig and berries were resting on the chair and I pity the person that sits down after him!

You know, I told my mom this and she reminded me of the numerous times I had to take her down to the cancer clinic for radiation therapy and the old men there would sit down and not even notice that their gowns were on backwards (the opening at the front) or that their wrinkly twigs and berries were on display. I think only one time did a nurse ask an older man to close his legs as she could see his baby maker! Ha ha!

So, after taking hubby and his sore neck/back/arm to get the scan done, we come home and you would think he would have been resting right? Nope, he is out back putting a roof on his two-story shed he is building! It was only supposed to be a regular shed but his buddy gave him some roof trusses and they are acting like an attic now. I call it his luxury doghouse!

To be fair he is building a deck on it so I can sit there while he is working. Why would I sit there in the shade when I could move about twenty feet and be in the nice cool swimming pool we have? I think he just made the covered deck so he could work and not get wet!

Oh! One last piece of news, I listed my car, as a ‘parts car’ on Craigslist and on cheap cycle and some guy wants it for $300.00 to teach a kid how to drive! I kept telling him, you know it is only good for parts, right? He asked if it runs, which it does, he asked if it steers and stops, which it does, and he said I will come look at it and then probably give you $300 for it!

Personally I would give it to him for free if I could watch this kid learn to drive! Apparently the kid cannot stay in his lane nor turn a corner so the guy wants a beater car to teach him in a field where he cant do any damage to anything! I want to be there to watch this honor roll student learn to drive! LOL the guy said he is the worst driver he has ever taught… you know that would make a great you tube video!

Oh well, I will run the idea past the guy and then talk movie rights and let you know how it all turns out!

Before you think “hey she didn’t say anything about her walk!” I did go for a walk. I walked around the block at home and then took my mom and daughter up to the cemetery to do our usual walk around the perimeter.

Did you do your walk today?

©2011 7Ladybugs
March 28, 2011

4 comments:

  1. I hope the scan results turn out ok for him :) I'll keep everything crossed.

    I've managed to walk every day - even with this damn cold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @LighterMom - Thanks for the kind words.. I will let you know how things go when we get the results back!
    Congrats on the walking but if you have a cold you should take it easier on yourself and get plenty of rest and drink loads of water!

    ReplyDelete
  3. o dear lady :( i'm sending happy thoughts your way

    ReplyDelete