Saturday, March 26, 2011

It Passed with Flying Colors!

Today my new truck passed air care with flying colors! Not even just squeaking by but way below the average limits allowed! Yes I am a happy camper and also a happy chick now that I have my wheels back!

Today started off slow as hubby had to finish welding the exhaust system up and then get things cleaned up before we could go and pick up a permit to put on the truck to drive it to air care.

I am sure most of you reading this will understand that air care is a waste of money, time and effort on the part of the government, but we got one over on them this time. It is supposed to cost $45.00 for testing and then you get a two years pass if it passes the first time. If it fails then you get it fixed and then you can go back through for a retest, which costs only $23.00,but you can only get a three months worth of insurance on your vehicle if it fails. Keep in mind that we just got it from a guy that had not taken it through air care since it last failed in 2007 (he lived outside the air care testing zone so he never had to go through this bs!). So we pull up to the place and they take the registration papers and all that stuff and then the guy says oh this is a retest so it is $23.00! We weren’t going to argue with anyone about saving money.

We go through all the testing and the crap that they have to do for the emissions testing and we were both crossing our fingers when we pulled up to the last place where they give you the papers where it says pass or fail and the lady said, “It passed! Nice looking vehicle you have here as well!” Hubby and I both beamed and it was such a relief!

After we got back home, my son asked if I could take him to 7-11 to get some nachos and cheese after we went for our walk. I don’t know if you have ever had the nachos and cheese from 7-11 but they are AMAZING! I think we walked the fastest ever around the cemetery as my son was buying everyone nachos! We hadn’t had them in a while and I had been craving them but my car wouldn’t make it to the 7-11 so we always suffered!

We get to 7-11, after walking two laps of the cemetery (we had to justify the treat!), and my mouth is just watering knowing what is to come. I got hubby his cheese sauce in a cup so his nachos wouldn’t go soggy, as he couldn’t come with us as he had some work he was doing at home. Anyway, we didn’t even make it a block from the 7-11 before I pulled over in a vacant parking lot and started to indulge in the mouth-watering treat.

I know! I know! I shouldn’t have had those nachos and cheese, but if you try them then you will know how addicting they are and how ooey and gooey good they are!

Well that’s how my day has been! How has your Saturday been going?

©2011 7Ladybugs
March 26th,2011

2 comments:

  1. congrats on the car pass! and the nachos hehe ... yeah ... i can only wish to eat those puppies

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Andrea! I know i shouldn't eat those nachos but they call out to me every time and every time i end up having to go to the hospital because my stomach goes into a hard ball like spasm, which in turn sets my fibro off and ... well you get it lol I shouldn't eat them but they are sooooo good!

    ReplyDelete