Monday, March 14, 2011

How my day was!

Today I went to the doctors for my monthly check up. It didn’t go too bad but I have to get in touch with my cardiologist again for a check up with him. My doctor is so funny, she just came back from two weeks in Hawaii and we sat and talked about that for a while and then took care of some of my health issues that needed to be updated.

She knows I am a no bullshit kind of person so she lays everything on the line and we decide what to do from there. This time it was just a general check on everything and a gap session LOL I am her comic relief for the day!

Anyway, after I finished in the doctor’s office I didn’t go home I picked up Manda and we went and did two laps of our favorite place… the cemetery. One day I will take a picture of it so you can see that the walk we do is in the woods and the part of the cemetery we walk around is the outside where it is paved next to the grass.

I told someone today where we walk and they were so repulsed by it that the walked away! I have no problem walking anywhere and just because it is the flattest area around doesn’t mean it is disgusting. On top of that, I get to visit my friend’s grave and stand up the flowers that have blown over. And on special occasions we even get to see a few deer walking in and around the grounds. We haven’t seen any bears this year but we have in the past.

Well, that is about it for my walking today. It was a good two-mile walk and I feel refreshed and alive and ready to conquer the world! Well, maybe the kitchen today and the world tomorrow!

My legs are still sore from yesterday’s stair climber episode so I don’t think I will love climbing stairs anytime soon.

How was your day today? Did you do anything exciting this weekend that you would like to share?

I would like to share this one last item with you. It is a true story that happened to me when I was last in the hospital.

I wear a perfume called Giorgio; well I don’t normally wear it when I am going to the hospital because they say not to because of people’s allergies etc. Anyway, I forgot I sprayed it on the poncho I made the day before and I was wearing the poncho.

I was sitting down by the CT scan room across from the ER, suddenly this very old man comes out of the ER and he is looking like he is looking for something. I smile at him and he smiles back. He asks if I am wearing perfume. I said well no but I forgot I sprayed it on my poncho yesterday and I apologized.

He had this HUGE smile on his face and he said no please don’t apologize it is the perfume that my wife used to wear before she passed a few years back and I haven’t smelt that smell in a long time ... thank you for bring back good memories to me!

He explained that his daughter was here and in labor in the ER (they had just brought her in by ambulance) and that it was almost like a sign that she was watching over them and then he went back to be with his daughter. I thought that was sweet.

©2011 7Ladybugs

March 14, 2011

8 comments:

  1. Awww. That's so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that made you smile. :)
    Walking in a grave yard isn't weird btw.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are the kinds of stories that are just too god to ever make up, and in a good way for once. Kind of like a ray of hope to see something like this happening in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the post ladybugs! I was wondering if you would take part in a photo competition? You don't have to be great with a camera or anything it's just some fun if you're interested :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a lovely story :) Heartwarming! Maybe it was a sign!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. awwww! It's crazy how the power of smell can trigger so many memories. Walking in graveyards is cool - don't worry about that weird person.

    ReplyDelete