Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Red UFO!

Today was so uneventful that I could have slept the day away and nothing would have changed.

My cars insurance ran out last night and hubby forgot to tell me that the big truck had gas in it lol so I stayed totally local today.

We walked around the small block, as Manda and I were just so bored we couldn’t be bothered with doing anything.

When hubby got home from work he went to work on my new truck replacing the exhaust system and putting on a catalytic converter so we can take it through air care on Saturday. I am hoping that it passes air care so I can put insurance on it and start driving again.

Hubby was originally just going to put the catalytic converter on, but why do just that when you can change the whole exhaust system and play with one of the welders! I swear he is like Tim The Tool Man Taylor from Home Improvements LOL Nothing he owns is the way it was when he bought it! His truck, his computer, his ride-on lawn mower, any of his power tools, his cell phone etc etc!

I do not tell him when one of my electronics is acting up because I am afraid of what I might get back in return lol

Wow! Seriously nothing fun happened today LOL Oh actually something funny did happen today! I got this cheap ass pedometer in the mail; it’s a combo radio and step counter. I said Manda could have it as I already have several and I am using one that I really like right now.

I give Manda the instructions on how to set it up and she plugs the head phones into the jack and tries to tune the radio station in… actually, any radio station would have been better than what she got! All she got was a Chinese radio station or a French station! No matter where she walked to those are the only two radio stations that would come in. My shower radio doesn’t even get those two radio stations but it picks up every other radio station including our local one.

So Manda was mucking about with the little gadget and gave up on the radio part of it but figured she would use it to count her steps each day like I do. She clipped this cheap piece of plastic to the waistband of her pants and sat down. All I saw was a red missile launch itself from the waistband of her pants across the room! She had the look on her face of ‘WTF was THAT?’ And then she tried to blame me for throwing something at her LOL

You know that we both got stomach aches from laughing so hard at figuring out that pedometers are not made for people with muffin tops, or cake tops LOL
I know you are probably shaking your head at my description but if I had had a video camera taping it when it launched itself off her pants, you would have thought it was a UFO flying through the air. And once we figured it out we were rolling on the floor laughing our asses off!

How was YOUR day?

©2011 7Ladybugs
March 24th, 2011

5 comments:

  1. god you're so lucky you have a spouse who works on your truck.

    ours is ready to die b/c we don't even have the get 'n go to take it in to a shop lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I know what you mean about dying vehicles. My car is sitting in the driveway looking all pathetic sandwiched between my new truck and hubbys car.
    My hubby only likes to fix the vehicles so he can play with his toys lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate being 'grounded' with no car. Even if I don't need to go out for any reason, when I know I CAN'T I just want to!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. my car dies... as soon as i shut it off. but i still have to get to work so anytime i've had to go anywhere... i have to get jumped...

    TOMORROW THE BITCH GOES TO THE SHOP. I'm seriously considering a male order groom from italy (because italians are sexy and dark) just for the sake of having some around to fix my car.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @LighterMom - I agree! even if the vehicle sits in the driveway it better work because I will go stir crazy LOL Now I have the choice of big 4x4 truck or my 4x4 truck :)

    @iYam - I like the idea of the mail order groom LOL and i know what you mean about turning the vehicle off and then it wont start again *grrr*

    ReplyDelete