Sunday, March 13, 2011

A Great Day!

Today I had a great day, although it wasn't supposed to be a great day!

Manda needed to pick something up from the town that is about 45 minutes away. I didn't really feel like driving out that way so I checked to see if there were any geocaches in the area where we were going. As luck would have it there was two very close by. I grabbed the coordinates and the hint and my GPS and off we went.

I drove to the place where Manda had to pick something up from and then down to the first cache.

When we get to the location of the first cache my heart sank! There was a steep set of stairs going up to heaven. There were over a hundred and fifty steps and I had the sinking feeling that before we find the cache that we would be running up and down the steep stairs at least once.

It was a multi-cache which means that you find the first clue and then move on to the next clue etc etc until you get to the final. We found the first clue which told us to go up 89 steps. Argh!

Manda and I walked up the 89 steps and found the next clue. I had a little chuckle when we were doing this, Manda kept losing count so she had to go down to the bottom and start all over again! The next one said go down 45 steps! At that point I knew I was going to be having jello legs by the time this day was finished.

The next clue was to go to the top of the steps. Then back down the steps and then up the steps. We find the clue for the final and searched around for a while but couldn't find the final anywhere. We looked on both sides of the fence and turned over and checked tons of rocks in case the cache owner had been sneaky like that!

After we were soaked because it was raining we decided that we had checked up and down and all around where the final was supposed to be and came up empty handed, we called it a DNF (did not find)!

When we got back to the car with our jelly legs, we decided that we could not do the other cache because that involved a two kilometer walk and our legs just were not functioning properly!

I drove home and when I got in the front door, hubby asked if I was busy in about an hour because he wants to go for a drive on one of our favorite 4x4 trails to test the truck out. HELL YEA I AM FREE!

Samson our truck at a closed gate!

Samson's Extra set of Eyes!


Samson playing in the small amount of snow we found!

We drove about 80 kilometers exploring a few new trails we haven't been on before! It was so nice to go out 4x4ing again with my hubby because the truck has been running rough since last year so we haven't been out much. Now he fixed the truck and we are able to go out exploring again!

It was raining and even though there were a few places I could have taken a nice picture to show you I didn't get chance to. I did manage to get a picture of one of the beaches that we like to go to for a fire and roast hot dogs though :)

Here is where we like to go to our "Sunday Family Dinner" in the Spring/ Summer.


Isn't it just beautiful? I will have to show you what it looks like when the sun is just setting when I find them on my disk!

Well, that's how my day has been, how was your day? Did you go out for a walk or stair climb today? How about going out and geocache?

©2011 7Ladybugs
March 13th, 2011

7 comments:

  1. I would love to try geocaching but I cant drive and Im very lazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @David ... LOL fine fine fine I will drive over there and pick your butt up and make you unlazy LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. :L okay so I thought I would try it I signed up and turns out there's one right by where I live its like 200 ft away!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @David LOL I tell you it is so much fun and it stops you from being lazy LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL im genna go check it out tomoz. I have to be stealth tho!

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds like a wonderful day :)

    ReplyDelete