Saturday, March 12, 2011

Super Energy Day

Today was a super energy day for me. Well, it didn’t start out that way but it ended up that way.

Originally I had intended to have a semi-relaxing day at home while catching up on some of my writing and other computer work. Instead, my daughter and I decided to go out Geocaching to get the two that were closest to home.

When we left it wasn’t raining that hard but we took an extra jacket with us anyway. Driving to the first geocache location showed us that it was a good job we brought those extra jackets with us as it was pouring down rain. Upon arriving close to the geocache we pulled the car off the road and walked down an old deactivated road that has been turned into a party spot/ dump ground. Stepping over the garbage and continuing along we get to the end of the road and a trail winds its way up into the forest and to the base of the mountain.

I do not like where the GPS is telling us to go! No way am I going to hike up that mountain when I could just as easily take our 4x4 truck up there. As it turned out we didn’t need to go that far.

Manda took the GPS up the trail a bit while I looked around the beginning of the trail because the GPS was bouncing around from 2 meters to 16 meters due to the cloud coverage and the trees coverage.

During Manda's’ walk up the trail, she managed to cut herself on some type of thorn and scratched her leg pretty good. Let me tell you if there is something sharp around it is usually one of us that finds it and gets scratched LOL

Now it is really raining and I was ready to give up on it when I saw a huge anthill.
“Hey Manda come here I found the ant hill!” The anthill was part of the clue to finding this geocache. So, Manda comes all the way back down to me and just as she asks where the anthill is, I say “Found it!” and pulled the small geocache container from its hiding place!

Manda is the one that writes in the log books so I let her have that honor again and soon we were heading back to the car to move on to the next one.

The next geocache was super easy as it was one I had placed in a Provincial Park for the Parks Board. After three years you are supposed to remove the geocache so that the environment is not heavily impacted by the extra traffic. We picked that one up and then headed up to the cemetery for a walk with the dog.

Yes I said I walk around the cemetery sometimes because they have a huge oval there and I can walk there with my dog and also fix the flowerpots that have fallen over or flowers that are scattered. It really is peaceful up there and the walk is nice. You can walk around the edge of the cemetery or you can walk around the treed park that is next to it.

Depending on how Gizmo is being as to whether I do the park or the cemetery or both. If it’s raining he just wants to go pee and then back in the car… he is a big chicken at times!

Well, that’s how my day panned out! How did yours go? Today I managed to walk four miles and that was just Geocaching and a quick walk around the cemetery park for the dog.

Geocaching makes walking fun!!!

©2011 7Ladybugs
March 10, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment