Sunday, March 20, 2011

My New Addition to the Family!

Today was finally the day that we went out and looked at a vehicle that I found on Craigslist. It was located only forty-five minute drive away from home so it was nice and close.

Let me explain something before I go on about buying a new-to-me vehicle. Yes we are picky! It cannot be green and it has to be automatic – My conditions. Hubby said it has to be a Chevy or Ford and it has to seat all the family (no smart cars for me LOL and no cool sports cars either!!), it would be a bonus if it was four wheel drive and it has to be 1995 or newer or in damn good condition for an earlier model.

After playing phone tag with the guy that owns the vehicle we arranged to meet him on Sunday at about noon. We find where he is at (he was at his girlfriends house with the truck) and the truck is sitting in the parking lot with its hood open but no one around.
I go and knock on the door only to find out that the guy had gone out to grab some transfer papers for the truck.

Anyway, after he came back and hubby and I went for a test drive, kicked some tires and talked him down a bit, I am now the proud owner of a 1993 Chevy Blazer Tahoe! It comes with power everything and even has a digital dashboard that shows how much gas you have, your speed, the oil temp and vehicle temp and some other digital stuff. You are probably wondering why is she getting excited about a digital dashboard? Well, the car I am driving right now, its speedometer doesn’t work and hasn’t worked for about two years now … and I haven’t gotten a speeding ticket either! I know what speed I am doing by the tachometer and how many revs I am at!

I drove it home yesterday and the only thing that drove me nuts was that there was no tunes in the truck LOL There was no radio in the truck when the guy got it a few years ago and he never put one in either. It’s good though because I get to get a new stereo in my truck. Got to have music when you are driving!

It even has leather seats and the drivers seat is power as well, meaning I can push a button and I go forward or back, another button makes it go up or down and another button to lean it forward or back LOL You know I played with those darn buttons LOL
I love buttons!

Anyway, the only down side to buying the truck is that we have to put on a catalytic converter and run it through air care before we can insure it as it was in an area that does not require it to have air care. Thank god hubby knows how to fix cars and mechanics because he is going to put on a catalytic converter for me and then this coming weekend we are going to run it through air care and hopefully it passes!

Here is a picture of my new toy! MUDDING HERE I COME!



©2011 7Ladybugs
March 20th, 2011

3 comments:

  1. woohoo! congrats on your new addition :) fancy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay you finally got a new one :) congrats and have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay! have fun and post muddy pictures!

    ReplyDelete