Monday, April 18, 2011

What A Day

Today was a different kind of day for me for many reasons. I actually slept in and nearly missed my doctors appointment, totally something I would not normally do.

My doctors visit was a bit more difficult to deal with as I found a mole on my back and has only been there about three months and I was just getting it checked out now.

Before I tell you the outcome of the doctors visit I must explain something. I have had three separate 3rd degree burns on my back from falling asleep in the sun, so my biggest fear was the big C word. Last night I had hubby check it out and he said that if I was worried that I should get it checked out because it wasn’t there before.

So, the doctor checks it out and it is multi-colored, irregular borders etc etc and it is skin cancer. I am not as scared as I thought I would be but that could also be because it is being removed on Wednesday and then it will be sent away and we will get a 100% sure verdict. Right now though, it is showing all signs of being skin cancer.

After the doctor’s visit, Manda and I went for our usual two laps around the cemetery, yes I still did my walking even after that news.

I couldn’t call hubby at work and tell him because I didn’t want to ruin his day and plus they had a water pop break and he was dealing with two and a half inches of water everywhere in the cabinet shop he works in.

I did tell him when he got home though and the only thing he said was, “are you ok?” I laughed and said yes they are cutting it out on Wednesday. He wanted to take the day off work for that but I reminded him that we couldn’t afford him to be off! He is such a sweetie!

The day wasn’t a total loss though. Manda and I went and got tattoos! I had two cover-ups done; I now have two roses where Chinese characters used to be. Manda got angel winds with a halo on one side of her chest and on the other side she has devil wings with horns and a tail. Manda paid for them, as an early mothers day gift to me and an early birthday gift to her.

I even got one of my ladybugs fixed up as he lost part of his spots in a 4x4 accident when a tree came up and whipped me in the arm! Now Bob (that’s his name) has his spots back!

These are my before tattoos



These are my roses cover ups :)



©2011 7Ladybugs
April 18th, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment