Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Stitches Out Today

Whoop! Today I get my stitches out and I am looking forward to that because I think I tore a stitch or two at the clean up on Saturday.

Back from the doctors office and I am not a happy camper LOL I got my stitches taken out but there is a small area that hasn’t healed yet so I still have to steri strip the area and keep it covered. Not only that, I showed her a huge gouge I got on Sunday when I was climbing over a log that had two nails sticking out of it, and she says oh you get to have a tetanus shot today as well as your vitamin b shot.

I tried to talk my way out of the tetanus shot but she said, and I quote, “I know how you work and play! You are getting the damn shot because you live on the edge of that thing we call life and you are always out in the bush with rusty stuff!” LOL Yup I love my doctor because she is so funny. Still had to get the tetanus shot in my right arm and my vitamin B in the left arm, man I felt like a pincushion!!!

On the brighter side, the thing she removed from my back will take about 3-4 weeks to come back so I have to wait that long to get the 100% positive that it is cancer, even though we are 90% sure it was. Oh well, you only live once eh LOL If you are being puzzled over what the heck I am talking about, you need to read my http://7ladybugs.blogspot.com/2011/04/what-day.html blog that tells all about it.

My back is a bit tender now that she took the stitches out but I suppose that is just the body reacting to her removing them, plus it isn’t really fully healed yet. I can’t wait for it to be fully healed because I have to have a shower with tape on my back so that it doesn’t get wet! If you want to know what it feels like, get a friend or partner to stick some duct tape on your back and then have them rip it off, just like waxing only with duct tape and no hair being removed LOL

After the doctors appointment I went and picked up my mom and brought her back to the doctors’ office because Manda also had an appointment about 15 minutes after mine. I figured I would pick up mom while Manda was waiting and then I wouldn’t have to go back and forth all the time and we could just go straight for our walk.

Just as we are heading for our walk, it starts to rain really hard, my mom said she didn’t think she would walk in the rain but said she would sit in the truck, which was fine by me as I was going for a walk whether or not she came along or not.

When we got up to the cemetery the sun was shinning and there was clear blue sky! My mom even didn’t wear her jacket because it was so sunny and hot that she didn’t need it at all. It was amazing at how the weather had changed from one side of the mountain to the other. I didn’t mind one bit though because I was walking and getting in my steps for the day!

How was your day today?



©2011 7Ladybugs
April 27th, 2011

2 comments:

  1. needles what fun! Well hey at least you dont have to worry about waking up with lock jaw or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True I guess but man they still hurt LOL

    ReplyDelete