Saturday, April 30, 2011

The Royal Wedding

Ok I am sure you have all seen or heard about the Royal Wedding by now. I don’t know how many of you stayed up to watch it on TV or not but I did. I am going to point out a few things that amused the heck out of me about the wedding.

The hats were one of those things that had me thinking “What were you thinking when you stuck that on your head?” Did you see princess Eugenie’s hat? It looks like antlers gone wrong. She couldn’t even sit up straight in the car because her antlers were too big and were hitting the roof.

The Beckhams looked fabulous though didn’t they! Victoria designed and made the hat herself and it did look very classy.

Did anyone see when Prince Charles stepped out of the car and wiped his nose with his right hand and then proceeded to shake hands with people right after? That was so gross but it made hubby laugh. Yes hubby was the one that said I am not staying up to watch that…. Yea right he so did stay up!

I am not sure if you have seen the picture that is floating around the Internet where they are on the balcony and Kate is bent down in front of William. Let me just say I thought it was hilarious. Google WTF royal wedding and it should come up!

The queen looked kind of grumpy but then again if I had to wear some of the hats that she owns I would be grumpy as well.

Before I got on I should tell you a little secret, I am Royalty as well so I can say the things I say.

Okay, now onto the wedding itself. Wasn’t her dress just fabulous? I thought it was very nice. Pippa’s dress was nice as well and I loved the fact that she had flower girls and pageboys.

Can you imagine reading the 22-page booklet that was sent out with the invitations on what can be worn, should be worn and what is a big no-no? No low necklines. No wearing white. No sports jackets. Men must wear their uniforms if they are in the military and that is just to name a few.

If you know me at all you know I would be the one wearing a white plunging neckline with runners. LOL Oh that was one of the other things, the ladies have to have heels on their shoes.

To me that is way too many rules for my liking. I would have a simple wedding that would have few rules.

The venue would be somewhere in the woods and the only way to find it is using a GPS and a 4x4 truck.

Clothes MUST be worn unless you are a Chippendale’s dancer then no clothes are needed.

Runners are a must because I don’t want anyone falling down when their heel gets stuck in the grass or dirt.

Gifts are accepted and are a must. Nothing like towels or cookware, I want gift cards and cash, houses, cars etc. I asked my mom what you would buy Kate and William and you know what she said? She said Penicillin because they already have everything else LOL

The food would be simple. For finger foods I would have chips and dip, veggies and dip, my moms mixed veg and ham rolls, chicken strips, deep-fried zucchini and a few other things that I cant think of right now.

For the main meal I would have deep fried chicken and fries, hamburgers, smokies, baked and roasted potatoes and tons of different salads. Oh and super fresh baked buns with butter.

Nothing fancy for this chick. I have been married before and had a simple; self-catered wedding and liked the wedding hated the guy LOL

You can get everything you need for about $150.00, depending on how many people you invite, at Dollar Giant! You can get plates, cups and tablecloths and napkins all the way to table decorations there. Talk about cheap, but what you save on the wedding you can use somewhere else!

Can you imagine Kate and Williams wedding if they were on a budget? LOL none of this pomp and circumstance crap it would be a BYOPC (bring your own plate and cup) and sit on the grass LOL

I think Kate and William will be great for the Monarchy because they will bring it up to date and get rid of some of the million year old traditions that are so stuffy that you think you are looking at a silent movie.

Did you know that the palace hire lip readers for all of their big ceremonies to see what people are saying? I thought that was funny and would love to know what was seen LOL

©2011 7Ladybugs
April 30, 2011

3 comments:

  1. eww I didnt watch the wedding but how can you shake hands with people after wiping your nose on your hand grose. But I did see her dress it was very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow gross dont know how I hit an e instead of an s but OK.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. No matter how you spell it is gross LMAO

    ReplyDelete