Thursday, April 14, 2011

My week in brief!

I am going to try and update my blog on this weeks happening.

 

Monday was a great day because I had to go to town that is about 45 minutes away. I know I sound like a nut bar for saying that it was a great day because we went into town, but you didn't let me finish! LOL

 

The reason it was such a great day is because I was combining my week's worth of running around into one day and also I was going to grab some geocaches that were in the general area of our trip.

 

My mom went with us as we were not going to be walking around the cemetery as we normally do but in town there is this really nice duck pond and it just so happened to have a geocache that we had not found yet, so we got our walk in and found a geocache all in one location. The other geocaches were within a four-block radius so we didn't have too far to go to grab them either. Manda and myself grabbed the other caches as my mom was cold and wanted to sit in the truck. We grabbed 4 caches for the day and would have had a fifth one but we couldn't find an area to pull off the main road to grab it.

 

After Geocaching we went and did our business dealings at the Government office and then went on to pick up a beautiful gift basket from one of the food stores and some swim passes from the leisure center. I just have to prod a couple of more businesses into committing to donate something for my May 7th clean up event and I will be all set and then I can concentrate on the August and September events that I have to plan.

 

 

Tuesday I took my stepdaughter to get the results of her knee x-rays and they couldn't really see what they wanted to so they are sending her for a CT scan on April 26th at the hospital. They did say that they saw some wearing on the kneecap and some other things that were minor but nothing that would cause her knee to be so painful. I am hoping she doesn't have my hubbys knees as he has problems with his knees from when he was a child and we cannot get any health history on him as he was adopted at 2 years old.

 

After that visit and Mandas doctors visit (she had an appointment right after my step daughter to combine the visits!) we picked up my mom and went for our two laps around the cemetery. Considering yesterday was raining and bitterly cold today was the complete opposite. It was hot and the sun was shining and the birds were chirping as we walked.

 

I don't know about you when you walk but I am planning my next days agenda, even though I am holding up my end of the conversation I am still thinking about what I have to do and how can I combine trips to get the most out of my gas mileage. So, my mom was talking about some seniors meeting she went to and how the seniors were boring and not paying attention etc etc. I asked her if she was paying attention and she said, "Yes I was paying attention while I was doing my knitting!" GO MOM!  I tend to lose interest when she is talking about her 'senior courses' that she goes on because all they do is talk about how to make a Will, how to make sure your spouse is comfortable after you are gone, the benefits of being cremated over being buried. The last one I would personally want to go and listen in on and then just ask questions to see if the old folks are paying attention LOL

 

Wednesday was one of those days that just flew by and I hardly had time to get anything done because I was running around like a chicken with its head cut off! In the morning I was supposed to go for a walk and then go to the resort town close by and pick up some things for my event, that didn't happen.

 

Mom was late coming back from one of her meetings, which threw everything off kilter. I wouldn't have had enough time to go to the resort and then come back, only to go back out there for our walk and it would be too late to go and pick up the items when my mom got home.

 

Morning plan = scrapped! So now we are in the afternoon plans and they are getting all messed up now because I received an urgent phone call from a friend that needed my help at around 2pm. So, pick up mom, go for a one lap walk because we were running out of time, and then drop mom at home and then the dog at our house and then fly over to my friends house. It is 2:30pm and I am trying to get there and get back before 3pm when Nadine gets home from school so I can let her in. Got to my friends house at 2:45 dealt with the issue and left at 3:05 and made it home by 3:12… yea I know I might have been speeding a bit but there also could have been no traffic LOL I am not telling you which it is though!

 

Which brings me to today. Without getting into too many details, I am not feeling the greatest today and it is because of my IBD.  If anyone has IBD then they will understand that you either have the trots or you are constipated… I would much happily have the first of the two right now! Enough said! I am sure you have figured it out. I am just so tempted to eat something I am not supposed to just to get things moving again LOL

 

These last few months have been hell on my system as I can not eat things that I used to be able to eat and every time I try something I should be able to have, I cant have it!

 

I am not sure what I am going to do when we go camping because I can not live on rice and chicken while in the middle of no where! If anyone has any suggestions I would be happy to hear them. I can only eat: White rice (not minute rice), chicken, canned chicken but only the no name brand in the yellow can, whole wheat bread once in a while, no name corn flakes and So Good Soy milk. I cannot eat fruit or most veggies, as I cannot digest them. I can eat Potato and carrots as long as they are peeled and cooked to mush. So, any suggestions on how I can jazz it up a bit for camping? I take a chicken stew with me that I make from scratch but stew for 2 weeks … Argh! 

 

So, if you have any suggestions I would love to hear them and trust me, none are too silly to mention! I am a little nervous going camping this time because of the problems I have been having the last little while with food, so I am turning to you, my friends, to give me some suggestions.

 

That's how my week has been. How has your week been? Have you been walking lots and sticking to your diets?

 

©2011 7Ladybugs

April 14, 2011

3 comments:

  1. well, i'm on a full liquid diet now ... can't chew until 2-4 weeks ... so, i'm there with you in difficulty of food.

    sorry to hear that your kid's knees are troubled ... i know what that is like ... the xrays never show anything with mine ... good luck with the ct

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm... when we camp we do a thing where we wrap meat in tin foil with veggies and throw it on the coals to cook. Maybe you could do that with chicken, potatoes and carrots?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you had a busy week!

    We just got a Kinekt for the Xbox, and that thing is kicking my butt from here to next week. I never knew I had some of the muscles that are sore!

    Also, I was listening to one of my favorite bands, and I heard a song with your blogger name in it :) I don't think it's very fitting of you, but it's a great song still.
    The band is called Agents of Oblivion, and the song is Ladybug.

    Hope you are doing well!!

    ReplyDelete