Friday, April 29, 2011

City Gave Me An Award

Friday April 29th, 2011

The last day of the week and then it is play time with the trucks… I hope!

That also means that if it is playtime with the trucks that I have to get all my work done today for today and tomorrow…argh! I should delegate some work to all of you lol how well do you think that will go over?

You in the back there, you can do the dishes.

You looking around to see who is doing dishes, yes you, you can do the laundry and that includes the three bathrooms laundry as well as the bedrooms.

Why are you snickering? You get to sit down and proof read all of these * drops a pile as thick as two volumes of encyclopedias into your hands *, oh you stopped snickering now eh!

You there, no not you the one next to you that is trying to leave. YES YOU! You are going to vacuum the house and the stairs.

You standing in the VERY back, you can clean the bathrooms!

Anyone else that does not have a job step forward because you are going to go grocery shopping for me and then come back and make dinner for the family!

*Whew * that was tough work delegating all my chores. I think I need a nap now! Just kidding. I still have plenty more work to do today that I don’t think anyone else would want to do. I have to write a 500-word story describing what is going on in a picture that was sent to me by a magazine I am write for.

Tonight hubby called me and told me he was spending the night at his buddies because he was going to work roofing tomorrow. I guess this weekend we are not wheeling on two days but maybe on one day! Well, one day is better than nothing I guess! Plus I have to drive his daughter over there because his friend has his kids this weekend and they need a babysitter for when they are working. That means I have to drive an hour and a half to drop her off and then an hour and half to come back home.

Ok I just got back from going to see hubby and dropping off my youngest stepdaughter there to baby sit. Before I could leave, I had to take the kids down to the corner store to get a slushy because hubby mentioned that I was going to be there soon and the kids love me to death LOL So, I load up the kids and a booster seat for Miss Maddy and off we go down to the store. They live way back in the middle of nowhere so walking to the store is totally out of the question.

Madison is 5 and Mackenzie is 9 I think. They always try and pull a fast one with me by saying that they always get this or that with their slushy, I am wise to that now though and told them if they pulled any crap I would dump their slushys out and they would get nothing LOL They zoomed in the store, got their slushy and waited for me at the counter. Hubby and their dad could not believe how good they were for me because they ALWAYS get conned into buying like three treats for each of them and then they have to decide what treats to get … suckers! I just say you get one thing and that’s the facts JACK! They know I don’t put up with crap and will do as I say! Ahhh but they are adorable and even though Madison cannot say my name properly I love the way she says it LOL

It is now 10pm and I just got in from the trip. Man there is a lot of weirdo’s in the bigger cities! I am glad I live in the smaller town where we know all the nutters and I am the president of the club!

Oh damn I almost forgot to tell you; I won an award from one of the cities that I held a clean up event in last year. The Mayor of the city called me and asked me to attend the city hall public general meeting, as he wanted to give me something. Talk about nervous! I took my mom to the meeting and he awarded me with a certificate of appreciation for my efforts to improve their city and the environment! I got a certificate and they said they are going to send me a plaque with the same information on it for my wall. The City Hall was packed and I was called up to receive my award! I got a standing ovation and I wanted to crawl under a rock I was so embarrassed. I am used to being recognized because of my writing but to be honored by a city was something else again! Pretty cool eh!

Well, I am going to go because I am taking care of my neighbor’s two dogs and they need to go out for a walk before they mess on their floors.

I hope you had an awesome day and got to go for a nice walk like we did. Yes we danced around the cemetery again and this time I didn’t think anyone was watching us but there was one of the parks guys watching us and when we went back to the truck he was clapping LOL Yup, that’s how we roll around here!

©2011 7Ladybugs
April 29th, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment