Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Tuesday April 19th, 2011

Manda had to go in to the hospital for Laparoscopic Discovery surgery today, which means I am let loose, unattended in the hospital for about six hours and I am LOVING it!

My first stop is in the Surgical Daycare area to drop Manda off and make sure they stick and IV in her so she has to stay put. My next stop was the elevators and hit every floor, just to see what’s on them. You never know when you will need to know where something is.

I am talking about the new Abbottsford Hospital/Cancer Clinic. They made it huge! We are hanging out on the Fraser section today for Mandas surgery, but I have ventured into the Cheam, Sumas, Baker, Matsqui and Yale sections today as well. They are all color coded and have unique shapes that go along with the colors, so you cant get lost if you know your colors and shapes. There are fish, wheat, mountains and others ones too.

Right now I am back up on surgical daycare in the recovery room with Manda. In every waiting area there is a TV and on the TV is the Canucks hockey game. So, even though I cannot see the game from where Mandas bed is I can hear the game. From the sounds of things they are sucking right now!

Well, it is time to take Manda home and then make dinner, so I will end this now and write something more tomorrow.

Did you get your walk in today? I did! I walked around each floor of the hospital and each section!

©2011 7Ladybugs
April 19th, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment