Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Dinner

Today was supposed to be a family day that included all of us going over to my parents house for a nice turkey dinner, but that didn’t happen as it should have.

Jason was working out on his car, there was something wrong with it and he had to fix it before Monday because he had to work, when his friend called him and needed to be rescued from Stave Lake where his truck blew up. It never fails, when we have plans something always manages to wreck them.

Anyway, because my hubby is a nice guy and knows what its like to be stuck at Stave Lake with a broken truck, he cleaned up his mess outside and then took Justin to go and get the car hauler. The car hauler is at his buddy’s house loaded with Corporal Beemer (the 4x4 BMW), which had to be taken off manually because they are working on the motor and it isn’t in car.

Hubby and Justin missed out on dinner doing this recovery because it is about an hour and a half to his friends place to pick up the trailer, then another half hour to find the trucks trailer tires (its mud tires are too big to put on the trailer, they hang over the edge too much) and then about an hour to get up to the mud flats.

My mom would not let them miss the meal totally so she made up a plate of food for both of them for me to bring home with me. We celebrate the British way and that is having your ‘turkey dinner’ at around 1pm. We have turkey, roasted potatoes, carrots, brussel sprouts, cauliflower, broccoli, mashed potatoes, gravy and cheese sauce. I can’t eat most of that, but I do eat the turkey, roasties, and some boiled potatoes that they make for me.

It took the guys eight hours from leaving here to when they got back home. It was a long day for them and they really appreciated the food when they got all cleaned up.

After dinner, I drove my oldest daughter home and then went with my mom for our daily walk. Even though it was raining it was still nice to go for a walk and feel the rain on my face as we walked. It smelt so fresh and rejuvenating to walk today in the rain, it could have been the fact that I had turkey but I don’t care it was still nice to get out and walk.

It is soon coming up to the end of the month and I cannot wait to see how many miles/kilometers I have walked this month. I have been doing extra walks when I can, like parking further away from where I am going and walking the rest of the way.

How was your Easter? How do you celebrate it? What do you have for your dinner?

Hope you got your walks in today

©2011 7Ladybugs
April 24th, 2011

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a hectic day for your hubby and son but at least they got a plate. You probably got A LOT of miles in this month good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am hoping I have a lot of miles in this month but tomorrow I will find out LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. good job on the miles in! and yeah ... nice that dinner came together

    ReplyDelete