Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Socks and Shoes

Tuesday 26th, 2011

Ok I have to tell you this right off the bat! You know I bought socks yesterday, well they were on sale and the package was 6+1 bonus pack. When I opened it today to pair them and put them in my sock basket, it literally meant 6 pairs +1 LOL I have one extra sock! I am sure it is a mistake but none the less it was funny as hell to me when I was counting the socks, then recounting and looking all over the floor and on the bed in case I misplaced one.

I am going to talk to the manager of the store today and let her know, she will get a kick out of it as well. Living in a small town you tend to know everyone and everyone knows you, so I do actually know the manager of the store and know she has a great sense of humor. I will let you know what she says about it when I get back!

I am planning on going for a walk this afternoon with Manda and my Mom. Mom had her cancer check up today and from what she just said on the phone, she is cancer free again! Five years for both my parents being cancer free! I think it is awesome!

Mom is really pumped to be out walking and is even trying to get my dad out walking the small section of the cemetery but he is very unstable on his feet and super super slow, so unless he walks by himself I don’t think he will be coming with us as we have a nice pace going and we can walk the entire thing in seven minutes now where before we would take fifteen minutes and we would be out of breath half way around.

I am thinking we should knock it up to three laps pretty soon as the two laps are getting too easy for us now.

Oh that reminds me, did you know that if you are walking daily that you are supposed to get new walking shoes every six months? I didn’t know that but now that I do I will treat myself probably at the 500-mile mark. Right now I am using the Skechers Shape-ups, which are very comfortable but only good for walking on flat surfaces. I have very weak ankles and when I wear the shape-ups I have to be careful walking because I twist my ankle very easily or I will go over on my ankle. Even though I have had surgery to correct the problem I have to still be careful because the next time they do surgery on my ankles it will be to put in plastic parts and I don’t think I want to have to explain why I can not go near fires or I will melt LOL

Do you wear special shoes to walk or are you like me, whatever is handy you put on? The only reason I have the Shape-up shoes is because my moms friend bought them for me at Christmas when she found out I was doing the 365 walking challenge and knew I couldn’t afford them.

Well, I am off to go for my walk, and it looks like it is going to be just Manda and me today as mom is stuck in traffic and is running late. That means I can listen to my mp3 player and walk!!!

©2011 7Ladybugs
April 26th, 2011

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHA 6 pairs plus one extra sock. Thats hilarious. I guess its for that one sock that usually ends up missing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thinking you are right about that

    ReplyDelete