Saturday, April 9, 2011

Another Busy Day

Today was a busy day. We had to do the recycling because it was beginning to over take the hallway from the kitchen to the computer room. We had separated most of the recycling but there was some that still needed to be sorted. I am not a big fan of sorting my recycling so I have set bags that things have to go in, do you think the kids could follow along with my plan? No they just chuck the things into a bin and then I get to sort it out!

An hour later we are finished at the recycling place and off to pick mom up for our daily walk around the cemetery. It was just starting to rain as she got in the truck and I was debating if we should go for a walk or wait but as we were driving the rain stopped and the sun came peeking through.

We walked twice around the outside of the cemetery and we didn’t even notice that we had done it. I think that means we are getting used to walking that distance and we should up it to three times around, I am not doing three times for another few weeks yet as my mom is slow at walking and I like to walk a bit faster so when she speeds up we will go the three times around.

As you know, if you have read my first posts, I am doing the 365 day Challenges in several different subjects. I am doing the Photo Challenge, the Walking Challenge, the Writing Challenge and also the Geocaching Challenge.

I was catching up on my paper work, I keep track of my pictures, walking, photos and writing in a binder, and I wanted to see how far I had walked in the month of March. I started to add up the steps and then converted them to miles and kilometers and was totally blown away. In 31 days I walked 116.3 miles or 187.2 kilometers! I average about 6 kilometers a day and I didn’t even notice it.

My daughter and I love to walk because it makes us feel better and energetic, so walking is something that we do all the time and also a lot of apparently!

So, as you can see, I am still walking everyday and loving every minute of it as well.
The photo challenge is going awesome as well because we pick a piece of paper from a jar and then you have to take a picture of that subject that day. We found that we were taking totally stupid and random pictures for our pictures of the day before we put subjects on pieces of paper into a jar. Now we choose and have to think out side of the box for some of them but it is fun nonetheless.

The writing daily has being going great as well. I write something either directly to my blog or on paper and then I will do an update of the days events when I get time. I have written about five new chapters in the children’s book and have brought out some of my long forgotten stories to edit and compile into a Children’s bedtime story book. I think I have about ten or so short stories for the book but I am not finished with it yet so it might end up with twenty short stories in the book or maybe less, who knows.

Well, that’s how my day has been going, how was your day?

©2011 7Ladybugs
April 9th, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment