Sunday, April 3, 2011

Relaxation Day? Yea right!

Today was mostly a day of relaxation, well it was supposed to be that but turned into a day of running around.

My temporary truck insurance ran out last night so we had to go into the next town over to go and get my insurance, not many insurance places are open on Sunday, except for the ones in the grocery stores.

So, we went and got insurance on my truck * smiles * and while we were out in that area we figured we would stop by an elderly friend of ours to see how he was doing. I should say that we were expected over there as he had invited us but he said that on Friday when he was telling me he was coughing up blood.

Anyway, we went by his place only to find him not home, and yes that is very unusual for him to not be home when he knows we are coming over. We decided to wait a few minutes incase he was in the bathroom or something, but still there was no answer. We tried phoning him and no answer, I was getting quite concerned.

We left his place and did a bit of grocery shopping and then went home as we figured that his doctor had put him in the hospital on Friday. When we got home hubby got a call from his buddy that needed some help at his place cleaning up a fallen tree or two that had fallen into the neighbors yard.

So, hubby and youngest are going off to play at his friends house, and I am going to try and get some work done, it didn’t go like that and you know it!

Son’s boss phones and it looks like he will be roofing today, I am getting excited because that means I only have one other kid at home and I can get loads of work done now, it didn’t happen though!

Son ended up not working because it was raining and you cannot roof in the rain. That means that I am back to two kids in the house! Oh well, I will try and get some work done on my new book I am writing.

No such luck! Just as I sit down to write the phone rings and it is my mom calling to ask if I can go over and figure out what is wrong with their stereo because it wont play the cd’s that dad has just burnt.

Head over to my parents house and look at what the problem was. I asked the most obvious ones like is the stereo plugged in? Is it turned on? And they answered yes to both.

Fine give me a disk and I will copy it and then see what is going on I tell them. I copy one of the cd’s of Tony Bennett and it burns great and then I go and put it on their stereo and it won’t play! WTF? Then I dig deeper into the problem and realize that my dad is trying to burn music onto a disk that is specifically for photos! As I didn’t see the container that my mom had pulled the blank disk from I did not know that they were only for pictures. Hell, I didn’t even know there were disks only for pictures until now.

Now I have to try and explain it to a 70 something year old that is always right because he has lived longer than me LOL Dad, I say, You can not burn music on these disks as they are for photos. No they aren’t he said! They are for all things it says right on it High Quality Disks. It was true it did say High Quality Disks but he failed to read the rest of it that said for PHOTOGRAPHERS! I asked him where he bought them from because he had a spindle of 50 of these darn disks; Oh a friend got them from her nephew that is a photographer.

I swear old people should not be introduced to modern technology! I was the nice daughter and ran to the store and bought him some regular cd that he can burn whatever the heck he wants on them.

So, I get him sorted out on burning and copying some more of those annoying songs that they love, you know the old war songs they sing around the Christmas table when they are drunk LOL He was quite happy when I left so I imagine he figured it all out in the end.

Now back home to work on my book. I get through the door and the phone rings again! I am cringing that it is my parents but it turned out to be the elderly gentleman that we went to see this morning. He had been in the hospital and they did a gastric scope on him and pulled out a filling from his stomach that had fallen out a few months ago and lodged in his stomach lining. It was poking through the lining and that’s why he was coughing up blood. He was all better as he said, and would I mind going out to visit him as he had something for hubby. Sure I tell him!

Off I go for an hour drive to see this sweet elderly man and pick up whatever gift he has for hubby this time. When I get there he has purchased the manual for my new truck, which we had been looking for, and also purchased a brand new cordless skill saw because the one he was going to give my hubby the batteries wouldn’t hold a charge. I don’t get old people sometimes LOL I thanked him and didn’t offer him money because last time I did he told me he was never going to talk to me again if I did that any more! He gives us things because he knows that we can put them to good use and he doesn’t need them anymore. WOW I was chastised that day!

Then Bill, the elderly gentleman, asked if I knew anything about computers because his was acting strange. All I could think about was ‘oh god here we go again!’ but I smiled and said I would have a look at it. It was turned on and looked like it was working fine, then he told me the problem. He didn’t know how to change an address in the email address book. I got the address (it is a group that we both belong to, so I knew it well) and typed it into his address book and A PRESTO he was happy! The elderly are so easily amused LOL

By this time it is now dinnertime and I still have an hours drive back home. I thank Bill and give him a hug (like I normally do) and I leave.

When I get home I knew the day was shot because I didn’t get any writing done on my book and I didn’t even get the laundry or any cleaning done either! Oh well, there is always tomorrow … right!?

I should tell you that during all of this I managed to walk 4.3 miles without even trying to!

How was your weekend??

©2011 7Ladybugs

April 3rd, 2011

1 comment:

  1. i was going to tell you how trees fall so much in our city, but you're here lol!

    ReplyDelete