Thursday, April 21, 2011

My Quick Rant!

Thursday April 21st, 2011

So, I went to pick up my check from the office and this time I DOUBLE checked with them that they knew they were to be mailed from now on and not deposited or picked up. I tell you I think the government needs a kick in the pants and some regular people working there, the ones that GET that if your check isn’t there it means no food on the table. The ones that GET that if your check is not in the mail you cant pay your rent. The people that GET that we feel bad enough without being talked down to each time we have a question! That’s my biggest beef with my disability office, they talk like they are all better than the people on the other side of the counter because we are all misfits and broken and are not worth a toss!

If I worked in that office I would not give people a hard time about asking if they know of any doctors taking new patients, or asking if they know where a food bank might be that has some formula for their baby or any of the simple questions that they are asked daily. Hell, I pay them for their answers and damn rights I want a good answer and not to be passed over, maybe next time I will withhold YOUR paycheck and see how YOU like it!

Sorry about that rant but I had to get it off my chest! The people on my side of the counter are always pleasant and form an orderly line, hold spots for the elderly that can not stand for long or help someone that can not see too well or hear that good, I think that makes us BETTER people than the ones on the other side of the counter that the government pay for!

Anyway, I got my check (finally) and was going to go home but then I remembered I needed to pick up a few items while I was in the big town (not our little 1 store town). Then I remembered I had to go all the way across town to deposit my check to come back to the other side to get groceries! My back at this point was starting to sting a bit but I did what any mom would do, I pressed on!

Not only did I press on I got all my chores done and shopping done in record time and made it home just before the kids did.

After the kids came home, I picked up my mom and went for our usual two laps around the cemetery. Manda didn’t come with us today as she was still having issues with her shoulder. It wasn’t a particularly nice day but it wasn’t raining so that is a bonus!

Did you walk today? How long did you walk for?

©2011 7Ladybugs
April 21st, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment