Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Wednesday April 20th, 2011

Today was not a good day from the moment I woke up! Manda hadn’t slept well last night and I couldn’t fall asleep until about 3am. Then I find out that my disability check was not mailed out to me but was instead forgotten at the office and I would have to pick it up tomorrow!

Manda had the Laparoscopic surgery yesterday and one of the side effects is shoulder pain.


You may experience some gas pains from residual carbon dioxide that may remain in your abdomen following the procedure. This pain usually presents as shoulder pain or sharp pain underneath your diaphragm. The pain is usually transient and will disappear in a day or two.


So Manda was crying as she was in pain and I really did feel bad for her but I couldn’t do anything other than tell her to walk around for a bit and then lay down, or fart! I know it sounds funny but it is true, if you have gas trapped in your body fart it out or burp it out LOL

Anyway, about ten minutes before I had to leave for my surgery to remove the ‘friend’ from my back, she came up screaming in pain and I couldn’t do anything. I tried phoning a few people to come and sit with her but no one was home and I really couldn’t cancel my surgery, as it was important. So, I gave her a couple of Tylenol 3’s and told her to stay upstairs and I would leave the door unlocked so her brother and sister could just walk in when they got home. She agreed with that and off I went. I felt really bad leaving her but what could I do? I had to take of me as well.

My surgery was pretty straightforward and even though it took about 45 minutes to remove the ‘friend’ and stitch me up, it was relatively painless. I have 4 stitches in my back and they are in a place that makes leaning against anything hurt! Why is it you never have surgery on a place that you never use or never gets in contact with things in daily life? Argh! Oh well, it is out of my and has been sent off to the lab!

Now I am home and I get to make dinner in a few minutes. I am only making Spaghetti and meat sauce because it is the easiest thing to make when I feel like a Mac truck has hit me! Plus, my son can help me in the kitchen as well because he loves to cook so maybe I can convince him to do most of the work!

So, now we have Manda down for the count and I am down for the count as well. It will NOT stop me from walking though and I know I might have to take it slower for Manda for a few days but we will not miss out on our walks!

So, did you do your walk? What would stop you from going for a walk?

©2011 7Ladybugs
April 20th, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment