Friday, April 22, 2011

It's Friday! Friday!

Today Manda and I went on our own adventures! We went 4x4ing in my truck to get one of my geocaches that needs to be archived, as it is B.C Parks policy to only have them in the parks three years, then you have to move them.

The only problem with this cache is that it is hard to get to and there is usually snow on the ground way into May, we took a chance on grabbing it today because we were both bored but also hurting too. I know most people would rest up and all that but I am the kind of person that is always on the go and I love an adventure, plus my truck wasn’t dirty enough yet LOL

Anyway, we drive about an hour along the paved road up to the campground and the gate is locked. Hmm should we turn around or go onto the dirt road and see if the back gate is open? Dirt road it is! We drove about a kilometer in the snow and mud but then I realized that I hadn’t told anyone where we were going and I didn’t have anything in the truck if we were to get stuck. So, I turned the truck around, had a play in the snow with the truck, and we headed back to the locked gate.

I should tell you why the gate was locked so you will understand better. There was about two or three feet of snow still in the park and my geocache was about a mile down the road. With my back stinging and Mandas shoulder hurting we were not going to tempt fate and walk through the snow to retrieve my container! It can wait until the snow melts!

But the trip was not a waste; we did find two geocaches that did not belong to me on the trip! I wasn’t planning on grabbing any geocaches but these ones were right next to the road we were on and I really couldn’t pass them up.

After that we drove home and then when we saw my son wasn’t home we went up to the dirt bike track where he flags the races to see if he was still working. He was flagging his last race so we went for our two laps around the cemetery while we waited and then I gave him a ride home instead of him riding his bike home, plus he bought us dinner!

Well, tonight I am going to bed early because I have to be up early to go to a clean up event that is about an hour and a bit away from here.

Did you get your walk in today? I did and even though I didn’t feel like doing anything other than lying down I managed to push myself to get in motion.

©2011 7Ladybugs
April 22nd, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment