Friday, February 4, 2011

February 4, 2011

February 4, 2011

Well I am sure you have noticed that I haven’t been around all week. That is because I have had doctors appointments and also I have been trying to take it easy and get rid of this cold I now have!

It’s true what they say about what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger. Hell I should be as strong as an Ox right about now LOL

Well, as I said I have been to the doctors earlier this week and I was surprised to find that I have lost nearly ten pounds!! I know I was shocked but very happy at the same time.

The only thing I have done differently is walking. I have added walking to my daily routine and that seems to be what is making it so that I can lose weight. I haven’t changed my eating habits, as I can’t really eat much to begin with so I know it is not my diet that has helped.

I find that many diets on the market today give you these recipes that call for things that you wouldn’t normally buy, and to someone that is working on a tight budget, it isn’t going to happen. Then you get discouraged and don’t think you will ever lose weight.

Do you really think that the brand name soft tofu is better than the no name soft tofu? I have tried both (not because of a diets but due to health reasons) and I can tell you that if you don’t like the idea of tofu, but you like the taste of yogurt, you can make something like yogurt with tofu.

You use the soft tofu, blend it with some fresh fruit, I used strawberries and banana, a dash of vanilla and blend until smooth. Pour it into small cups and put it in the fridge. They are high in protein and they taste really good and curb your appetite. I would be having them now except tofu and my body has a love hate relationship.

I find that having to follow a diet isn’t going to make me lose weight; it is going to make my life miserable. I do not know many people that will go out and buy everything that a certain diet calls for, only for them, and then buy something different for the rest of the family. The only people that will do that are the people with lots of money, as I know a family of five people cannot do this on a budget.


So, I was thinking about dieting and what it really means. Dieting is supposed to limit your intake and teach you how to change the bad foods into good eating habits. Seriously, why cant we just leave the diet books on the shelf and do it ourselves gradually? Ok so we know that eating fried chicken with fries and gravy isn’t the healthiest meal on the planet, but it is good and once in a while you have to eat something you crave just to get it out of your system.

I do not follow diets at all! I eat a bowl of cereal in the morning, maybe a bowl of soup or something light for lunch and then as a mid afternoon snack I will treat myself to a small bowl of chips. For Dinner I usually eat chicken with carrots, onions, celery done in the oven. As I can only eat chicken and turkey my variety is not that great. I cannot digest raw vegetables so I have to make sure my veggies are roasted or cooked so that I do not get sick.

After dinner, at about 7pm, I might treat myself to a small bowl of Rice Dream Ice cream. If I don’t go for a walk I don’t get a treat! It is a small reward for getting out there and walking. It doesn’t matter how far I walk as long as I have walked that day!

I am not suggesting you follow my diet at all as it is specialized for my medical condition, I am just saying that even if you cant eat all the foods on a diet or cant afford them as you are on a budget like we are, you can still make a few small changes to the way you eat.

Remember how I said Fried Chicken, fries and gravy isn’t the healthiest meal? Well how about if you oven roast the chicken with some potatoes and carrots and onions and then make a small amount of homemade gravy with the juices that are in the bottom of the pan by adding a small amount of fat free condensed chicken soup! It’s the same meal as before just cooked differently and probably better for you than the deep fried foods.

So, until next time, keep the walking going and think about how you cook and what foods you eat. You will be amazed at how stopping and thinking about what you eat will make you realize that you can make small changes that are better for you and your family… and they wont even notice!

Happy Walking

©2011 7Ladybugs
February 4, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment