Tuesday, February 8, 2011

February 8, 2011

How are you today? I am pretty good actually. I went grocery shopping and walked as far as I normally would if I was on one of my favorite walking routes! I haven’t worn my pedometer shopping before so I was pleasantly surprised when I saw that it was just about the same distance as my normal walks. Who would have thought you could kill two birds with one stone!

We also did a bit of maintenance on our geocaches today and you never know what you will come across when you are geocaching. Today we went to ‘winterize’ all of our geocaches. That means that we check on them all and replace any containers that are damaged or leaking and check the logbooks.

The first few were very uneventful and everything was sealed and in great condition. Then we get to the second to last cache and turn onto the side road to get to the access point and we see a car parked in the area. I thought it was fellow Geocachers! I was wrong!

If you want to see a new Olympic sport, pull up close to a lonely car when the windows are steamed up and watch how fast the clothes go flying on the naked people!

I think it took them about 15 seconds to get their shirts and pants on! Of course, I couldn’t do anything for laughing, but I certainly wasn’t going to leave and let them at it again! I was on a mission and I wasn’t going to let their ‘car gymnastics’ stop me from checking on my geocaches.

When they realized I was not going to leave, they started the car and backed all the way down the road so that we couldn’t see whom it was that we had caught in the act! I was going to give them a gold medal but they left so fast I didn’t have time to give it to them. I do have their license plate number though!!

So, until next time, remember you can add extra steps by making several trips up and down the stairs doing laundry or other household chores.

Tomorrow I will share something with you that is helping me and encouraging me on my road to walking healthy!

Keep walking!

©2011 7Ladybugs
February 8, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment