Saturday, February 12, 2011

February 12, 2011

I hope everyone got out to walk today and is feeling in tiptop shape!

My mom and I went for a walk in the rain around the block. Well it wasn’t raining when we started our walk but half way into our walk the heavens opened up! Isn’t that the way it always works though, you go outside to do something and you get halfway through and you cant stop no matter what Mother Nature sends your way!

Yesterday I didn’t get to post as I had hoped to as I had a deadline on a project I was working on and had to get that out of the way, and then it was time for bed; where does the time go?

So, I was doing some reading on a couple of different web pages about walking and how to jazz it up a bit, there really wasn’t just one page with any jazzy tips on them but there were a few that gave me ideas that I would like to share with you.

One was called “ground score”. From what I gather they want to find out what the best item(s) you have found on the ground while walking. I don’t know how many times I have been out walking and found money in various amounts. I have found two usb flash drives, numerous amounts of clothing and a piece of equipment that literally fell off the back of a work truck. It is a LED level thing that you would use for leveling buildings or making sure lines were all the same height. I am not sure what it is called but it works and I have no way of tracing the owner. I am hoping that the ads I put in the paper are enough to get this item returned, if not, then hubby has a new toy!

Some people save the pennies, nickels and dimes up and once a year they go and buy them a treat, a coffee or a new pair of shoes. What is your best find?
I am hoping one day someone will leave a nice red ’68 Ford Mustang on the side of the road for me to find LOL

The next tip I though of was to join any of the local walks for charity. It is a two-fold win for everyone. You get the exercise and motivation and the charity gets the money for more research. Some of the walks have prize levels and you can win some really nice things just from asking friends, neighbors, family and co-workers to sponsor you.

I usually walk for charities that I have been effected by like the Mother Daughter walk to end Breast Cancer (ex mother in law passed away from complications), SPCA Animal Cruelty Awareness walk (as a foster mom for sick and injured animals I am a huge supporter of this one), The MS Walk to Make a Difference was for my friends husband.

Find a walk close to where you are and sign up for it. It is fun to go to the events and really is nice to walk in a different area. Try it; what do you have to lose?

©2011 7Ladybugs
February 12, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment