Tuesday, February 22, 2011

February 22, 2011

How is everyone today? I managed to get in a small walk when I went down to check the mail today. Took the long way around the block to get the mail! Adding extra steps is always good.

I may not get to go for a walk tomorrow as it is snowing here, again, and the roads are a horrible mess right now. Its not walking in the snow that bothers me it is the fact that there are idiot drivers out there that love to splash the walkers with the dirty snow.

Today was a round up sponsors for my event kind of day. I was either one the phone or on the computer trying to get companies to donate door prizes for my up coming event.

Anyway, in between looking up email addresses and making phone calls I did manage to find a few interesting pages for you to look at regarding walking.

You can change your steps into miles here and you can change your miles to kilometers here.

Also, if you are walking with small children and want to keep them interested and no whine, play an easy game of I-Spy with them. You can also make a scavenger hunt before you leave the house and write down a list on a piece of paper for each child several things that they have to find on their ‘hunt’!

I have used this trick when walking with my kids when they were smaller. I would write out a list for each of the kids and make sure that there were different things on each list. For example, my oldest would have to find a green leaf while my two younger ones would have to find a red or a brown leaf. One would have to find an acorn and the other two would have to find a specific colored rock.

I would give my kids the list and an old party goody bag to put their things in when they found them. It really is killing three birds with one stone. You are getting exercise; the kids are getting exercise and also using their minds and reading skills. It is a win-win situational around if you ask me. When you get home from your walk you can have the kids glue their collection onto a piece of paper and display it on the fridge.

Well that is my post for today. I will be back tomorrow with some more exciting news from my corner of the globe!

Keep on walking!


©2011 7Ladybugs

February 22, 2011

6 comments:

  1. Read your post. Also read your profile! You're going to blog every day for a year! You go girl! I'd suffer from terrible writer's block after Day 4!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found you through Sandra over at Absolutely Narcissism...Wanted to say hi and follow...Enjoy your day...Vajazzled, that is some craziness right there. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great blog Im glad to see someone else is in my shoes having to stop the walks outside because of snow :( Its ok though we will be back to it soon. I have a 3 year old so I def. am going to to try the tricks during a walk, I've done I-Spy but haven't thought about a scavenger hunt. Good luck on your walking,adding extra steps in your day is always a key point to remember. Oh and your not alone on the blogging everyday for a year Im going to try to attempt that too. So I will be here for company :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. walking is such a great way for us to lose weight, get vitamin d and clear our heads. i'm grateful to be walking xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey there, thanks for the follow=) Good for you with the walking! I've been trying to walk every day...sometimes I talk myself out of it though...like today...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good point Ladybug...I could see someone trip and fall or something...now THAT'D be worth the walk. =)

    ReplyDelete