Friday, February 25, 2011

Walking for Charity


Today while out walking I got to thinking about how I could make my walking count for something other than health reasons. Then I remembered that I used to do these sponsored walks for charity.

I jump on the computer and Google charity walks in my area, you would think that would be easy to locate, wrong! It was the most difficult thing to try and look up.

I tried every version of charity walks I could think of and I still only came up with a few events from the past. Now I am beginning to wonder if I was ever in the walks before.

Not going to be beaten by a search engine I ran into my room and grabbed my participants shirts from my last few walks and Googled them. Finally, I found three events that were in my area. One is the walk for MS, one for the Kids Help Phone and the other one is for spina bifida. I register for all three and download my pledge forms and I am marking them off on my calendar and …oh no, two of the events are on the same day about 5kms away from each other!

Now I have the daunting task of deciding which one I should walk for. You would have thought that someone would have had the brains to check out if anything else was happening on the day they plan their events.

Each walk is either 5kms or 8kms, depending on the event. They said you can also run the 10km route if you wanted… no thanks I am good walking the 5km route!

So, now I have a goal to walk towards and it is three walks for charity. Not only will I raise money for the charity I will also be gaining health for myself.

Do you walk for charity? Which ones?

Stay healthy and keep walking!

©2011 7Ladybugs
February 25, 2011

6 comments:

  1. I dont know why they make these so hard to find. I have been looking for the weight watchers walk it challenge. The magazine told us the date but no locations.... Doesn't that defeat the whole purpose?? thats great i can clear my schedule and get ready for a 5k walk but i wont know where to go after getting dressed lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you bug (can I call you bug? I like it, it's cute=))

    Anyway, That's what we have kids for...to use and abuse em. LOL...and no I didn't walk yesterday OR today...I'm horrible!

    All jokes aside, I sincerely wish I could just drag myself out and do it...I really do...maybe tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heres a good site this is where i ended up finding ww walk it challenge
    http://www.rrca.org/events/find/

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would be good Kim ...except I don't live in the USA lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol jk then... how have you been? I see you haven't bogged so I just wanted to check and see if all is well since you were trying for daily blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am blogging daily, but I have to do it on paper until I get my own computer back :( My computer had a mini heart attack so I am hoping to get it back today or tomorrow then I will update everyone LOL
    Thanks for checking in on me Kim :)
    How is your walking coming along?

    ReplyDelete