Friday, January 28, 2011

Friday January 28, 2011

I was checking my blog today and I was surprised to see that my last two entries that I had emailed had not been posted!


I am going to have to investigate what happened to them because they were supposed to be on there :(


Anyway I will add them after today's post. So, even though I hadn't shared with you about my walking in the last two posts I am going to share with you today how my walking is going.


This week I have been walking with my mom around the block. Well, it would have been the big block that is 2.28km, but mom wasn't feeling up to doing that so we have been doing the smaller block that is 1.23km.

Even though I had been sick for a while and was starting off slowly, I was kind of sad when the walks were over. I know that I have to start out slow and not push myself but I think I am wanting to go further that the small block we have been doing the last few days.


To mix things up a bit, I have been taking my mom down different streets on our walks, it keeps things new and fresh and doesn't make it monotonous. The walks are still the same length but on different routes each time. One day we will go one route and then the next day we will walk a different route or walk the reverse of the route.

Walking with someone is good because you can talk about things and the walks seem to go much faster than walking alone. There is also safety in numbers especially when walking at night or in an area you are not familiar with.


I like to walk alone most days so that I can listen to my MP3 player and catch up on either some of my favorite Pod Casts or an audio book. It doesn't take long to get behind in your reading or pod casts, so I now combine my efforts and kill two birds with one stone. I have also taken to recording my stories and then listening to them as I walk and see if there is anything that needs to be edited out or changed.

I love to write and I love to walk, so combining both of them I can get more work done on time and still stay healthy. Do you have any audio books or pod casts that you like to listen to? You can find them free on the Internet if you don't have a favorite or don't have any audio books.


Here are some web pages to check out for free audio books:


http://www.booksshouldbefree.com/

http://www.audiobooksforfree.com/home

http://www.audiobooks.org/free_book_list.html

http://www.learnoutloud.com/Free-Audio-Video



Pod Casts can be found at:


http://www.podcastdirectory.com/


I found that there are lots and lots of pod cast listings on the above site, and I am sure you could find something on there that would make your walk enjoyable. I headed straight for the comedy section and found a few to load onto my mp3 player for my walk tomorrow.


The only problem I have found when listening to either an audio book or pod cast that has comedy in them is that you tend to laugh out loud and usually people cannot see the ear buds in your ears so they walk a BIG circle around you. I have no problem with that and it is really funny to see their faces when they see you laugh at 'nothing'.


Well, keep on walking and having fun getting healthy. Tomorrow I will have more tips and tricks on making your walking fun.


Keep on Walking!!


©2011 7Ladybugs

January 28, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment