Saturday, February 26, 2011

Computer is on Vacation


So today I woke up to find that my computer had gone on vacation! By that, I mean that it somehow shut itself off during the night and would not turn back on.

My computer and I have a love hate relationship; I love to hate it and it loves to eat my information! You would think by now that I would have figured out that as soon as I had anything important on my computer, I should back it up… and I was planning on backing up my computer on Saturday morning like I do each week.

My computer on the other hand decided to take a vacation from my constant feeding it information and forgot to tell me of its plans.

So, here I sit with my pen and paper writing to my friends.

There is no wonder that computers don’t go out for ‘pixels’ or ‘ram’ with other computers, it is because they are so into themselves that they don’t remember to tell people their plans.

I would not have minded if it was a planned vacation to the computer guys’ house but it was not. I never had time to finish editing the video from the senior and teens Valentine lunch. I never got to save my last few chapters of my latest novel. Oh and in no way did I manage to save any of the countless pictures I have taken over the last month for the 365 Day Photo Challenge! Argh! My 365 Day writing is on there as well!

So, while I sit here with my pen in hand I am going to write a letter to my computer.

Dear Computer,

I realize that I feed your brain full of words and pictures on a daily basis, but isn’t that your job? You are supposed to remember when I have logged into a site and placed my password in the box, you let me down! How am I supposed to remember that my password for this site is one and the log in is another?

You are my trusted friend and I count on you to help me with my daily tasks, everything from writing my books to sending emails and editing pictures and videos and blogging. You know we have had some good laughs together, like the time you didn’t tell me spell check wasn’t turned on and I spelled COCK instead of cook and sent it to my mom! Or the time that you messed around with my settings when I was installing that talk to text program and you started swearing!? Remember how hard we laughed when you did all of those things?

I do not ask much of you and you have all the time off you want when I am away and you know you get two weeks vacation in July/August when we are camping, so why, did you decide to take a vacation today?

Did you want less data entry and more sleep time? You know I don’t like that sleep button because you sometimes forget to wake up and it takes me forever to get you up and running when YOU hit that sleep button.

I will make a deal with you as soon as you come home. I will promise to let you look at the centerfold of ‘Computers Monthly’ if you do not put them up on my desktop (that was not funny putting a picture of a computer with his hard drive hanging out *tsk tsk* on my desktop!), or place them in my emails without me knowing about it.
You can also have some new streaming videos from YouTube IF you keep them PG! None of these ‘Computers Gone Wild’ or ‘Computer Illustrated – Hard Drive Edition’! I draw the line at anything like that.

When you get home you will have your nice room back and you will be plugged in and you will work nicely for me, right?

If you think you are going to have a major break down in future could you please let me know ahead of time so that I can remove all my important documents.
I miss you my lil PC
~HUG~
7Ladybugs

©2011 7Ladybugs
February 26, 2011

1 comment:

  1. LOL a picture of computer with its hard drive hanging out.

    ReplyDelete