Friday, January 7, 2011

How was your day?

How was your day?

Another day has come and gone and I am hoping that, like me, you have been keeping up with the free fitness in your neighborhood. Today I wasn’t really feeling like going for a long walk after being sick yesterday so I took it easy and only did a short walk of one kilometer. I do not really care how far I walk as long as I get out and walk somewhere each day.

Did you make use of any of the links I posted yesterday? I know I have visited them several times today and they impress me, so far. I was looking around the Internet today to find a place that was giving away free pedometers but I couldn’t find a place within the short amount of time I had that was free.

Today apart from getting healthy and walking around the block, I did manage to get some more work done on my writing. To be more specific I managed to work on my third novel in the Blossom Kingdom series. I had to put it down for a while as I hit a writer’s block, but today I actually added about twenty pages to the story, of which I am very proud!

I have been thinking while I am walking, and that is when I have my best thoughts, that I should bring along my handheld recorder so that I can dictate my ideas as I am walking and then review them when I get home. Occasionally I do have some great ideas! The only problem with recording my ideas when I am walking, is that my mom and daughter are usually walking with me and it would be rude to just tell them to “hush I am recording!”

My mom, daughter and I have a goal in mind for our walking and getting in shape. Our goal is to be able to walk around a lake that is about two hours away in the spring. The walk around the lake is ten kilometers and if we tried to do it now it would beat us down and we would be discouraged about the progress we didn’t make. Besides looking forward to walking around the lake and seeing the scenery and the wildlife, there are also about sixty-two geocaches on the trails around the lake that I haven’t done and would like to log.

I suppose our other goal, apart from losing weight and getting healthy, to be able to go on a hike up ‘Teapot Hill’. Teapot hill is a steep trail that takes about an hour to walk up. I have walked it before but it took a lot longer as my daughter and I were laughing all the way up there and laughing and walking just does not work!

Once we have completed the hike up Teapot Hill I would like to climb Mount Cheam with my son, daughter and husband. My son has climbed it several times and I have seen him double over with leg cramps, one thing I am NOT looking forward to getting. I think we will be able to climb Mount Cheam in 2012 as there is only a few months out of the year that you can get up there without having any troubles with the snow or ice. You have to 4x4 up to the lower parking lot and the road up to there is very rough and quite scary in some places.

Well, I am going to leave you today with a thought… It doesn’t matter how little or how much walking you do each day, don’t get discouraged as tomorrow is a new day!

©2011 7Ladybugs
January 7th, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment