Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Tuesday

Well, today I did not go for a walk as I had planned! Instead I walked around the block in town in between two doctors appointments. Trying to cram in walking into a day when you have so much going on is hard, but I do practice what I preach and park far away from where I am going so I do actually get some walking in!

They are forecasting snow for tomorrow so I am not sure how much walking outside I will get done!I am just proud that I did get some walking in today, as I really didn’t have much time in between running around.

How are you doing on your walking? I still haven’t found anyone that is giving away free pedometers but as soon as I do I will post the link on here.

Here are some benefits of walking:

It supports weight loss and weight maintenance.

It reduces the risk of heart disease and stroke.

It fends off diabetes by improving the body's ability to use insulin.

It eases the pain and stiffness of arthritis.

It keeps bones strong, which prevents osteoporosis.

In women, it relieves premenstrual and menopausal discomforts.

It improves sleep.

It builds strength, flexibility, and stamina.

It enhances mental function.

It counteracts anger, depression, and anxiety.

©2011 7Ladybugs
January 11, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment