Monday, January 24, 2011

January 24, 2011

Well I am feeling a lot better today than I have this past week. The flu, my IBD and my fibromyalgia were all rearing their ugly heads at once; something I didn’t want or need to happen.

While I was sick I did manage to get some more writing done, that’s a good thing, and I also managed to get this years events organized – well sort of!
I have about six events this year that I have to plan, and with the planning comes organizing door prizes and sponsors.

I really don’t like going back to the same companies time and time again but they are the companies that are in the area and they are also the ones that are willing to donate.

While surfing the net today I did manage to find a couple of other companies that are big brands and I think I might try and see if they would like to donate something for a door prize. After all, it is free advertising for them and less expense out of my pocket to buy door prizes.

People really don’t realize how much goes into organizing a small event in any neighborhood, no matter what the event is for. You have to find and organize an area to hold the event. Then you have to organize food or other nibbles for people to snack on while there. Then there is the door prizes and the speeches and the awards or any other special items you have for the event.

I am glad that the Internet allows me to send emails to most of the companies I use. I would be on the phone all day for at least two weeks if it weren’t for emailing half of the companies *whew*

Less of how my days are going to be and have been, has your walking been eventful? I admit I haven’t been out for walks while I have been sick and I am back to square one when I start walking later this week due to being so weak. Its ok though because no matter how long you are down for you can always start again and start slowly until you get back up to the pace you were at before you were ill.

I heard something on the news the other night about walking for fitness. They were saying that new studies have shown that walking outside is more beneficial to your health and a better work out for you because you use more muscles.

If you are inside using a treadmill to walk, you can prop up a book or magazine and read while you do ten or twenty-minute workout and your upper body don’t move. If you are walking outside your arms are swinging and your upper body is leaning and you are holding yourself upright and using more muscles.

Plus if you are inside then you are breathing in the stale sweaty air and other people’s odors, which is gross just thinking about it! If you are walking outside then you are getting the fresh air in your lungs and you are getting your Vitamin D from the sun (trust me it is out there … somewhere!) and not getting in contact with anyone that is carrying a flu or cold virus.

When they said that on the news I was shocked! Haven’t I been telling you that the great outdoors is the best place to get your exercise? Some people are just a little slow to pick up on the obvious. I wish I had been paid to tell them what they just found out… I bet it cost millions of dollars just to realize that outdoors is better for you than being stuck in a building and exercising.

I am going to go for a little walk around the small block with my dog tonight, where are you going for your walk?

Keep on Walking!

©2011 7Ladybugs
January 24, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment