Friday, June 3, 2011

And I am off Again...

The last few days have found me walking through 4 foot high wet grass, swamps, prickle bushes and through streams all in the name of helping a fellow geocacher get coordinates to thier cache!
 
It was actually a two day adventure though the wet grasses and in the rain, but a fun one at that. You see, they had replaced a geocache and had taken some coordinates but their GPS was acting up and said that the cache was two kilometers away from where it really was. So, without the real coordinates we only had the clues and a few hints as to the area, it was like trying to find a needle in a haystack!
 
Eventually we did find it but only after spending two hours the night before in the dark and walking through swamp lands, and then another hour and a half yesterday doing the same thing in the rain. Just as I was about to call it quits, Manda noticed something odd by a tree and sure enough there was the geocache. We actually signed the log book and then took the correct coordinates two times and then emailed them to the owner :) Thats what geocaching friends do for each other!
 
Tomorrow, Saturday, I am getting up at 6am so I can leave the house by 7am to be at a 4x4/geocaching clean up event by 9am. I love driving in the mornings on the weekends because there is no one on the roads and I can usually cut my driving time down... I am hoping anyway because I have to drive about 100 kilometers to get to the event. I have everything ready to go and the coolers packed so it should only be a matter of getting the truck packed and then hopping in the truck...thats what SHOULD happen but we all know it never happens as we would like LOL
 
Well, I am off to bed now so I can get up early in the morning. How are you spending your weekend? Are you doing anything fun? I knwo we are going to be spending it outdoors and on the forest service roads both days 4x4ing because it is supposed to be sunny and hot here!
 
Have a great weekend! I will let you know how things go tomorrow night when I get back!
 
©2011 7Ladybugs

No comments:

Post a Comment